Wastewater Lagoon Aeration & Mixing
3-step Breakdown of MARS™ Aeration Benefits:
- Aeration, Mixing, and Portability – The MARS Lagoon Aeration System provides wastewater lagoon aeration and mixing in one portable aerator. Utilizing both fine bubble aeration and coarse bubble technology, the MARS is able to achieve efficient aeration and thorough mixing of the water column.
- Easy System Installation – MARS Aerators are simple to install to any wastewater lagoon facility. Each self-weighted unit is connected to an on-shore air supply via flexible weighted tubing and lowered into the water (see diagram below).
- Simple System Maintenance – Maintenance of the MARS Aeration System is equally as simple, and can be completed from the surface without incurring system downtime. This hassle-free modular design allows for the MARS to treat any size wastewater facility, from single user systems to full-scale municipalities.
Double Bubble Technology™
- Coarse Bubble Mixing: Large bubbles are released at the bottom of the static tube creating a draft effect that pulls water and liquefied organic matter up from the basin floor. This produces wastewater mixing by highly agitating the water column, thoroughly churning and circulating the entire wastewater basin.
- Fine Bubble Aeration: Fine bubble diffusers surround the static tube, maximizing oxygen transfer efficiency (OTE) while minimizing energy consumption. Enhanced by the mixing effect of the coarse bubble, this combination provides the ideal environment for biological treatment.
- Optimized Energy Distribution: The MARS’ modular design allows for treatment to be evenly distributed throughout the entire wastewater lagoon, mixing and aerating from the basin floor to the surface.
Lower Maintenance Costs
- Ease of Maintenance: Each MARS is a portable aerator that is self weighted and and equipped with a stainless steel tether and locator float. When necessary, individual units can be easily lifted to the surface for servicing without the expense of dewatering or the inconvenience of system downtime.
- Centralized Air Supply: Air can be supplied to the entire MARS Wastewater Lagoon Aeration System by a single, centralized on-shore blower. If needed, additional blowers can be provided to meet sizing, layout, or redundancy requirements. For further energy savings and control, Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) and dissolved oxygen (DO) meters can be incorporated.
- Anti-Fouling design: The MARS Aerator resists fouling, clogging, and general “wear-and-tear” in several ways:
- Utilizing self-checked fine & coarse bubble diffusers
- Using self-cleaning EPDM fine bubble membranes
- Elevating the diffusers above accumulated solids
- Eliminating all submerged moving parts
- Ease of Installation: The self-weighted, portable, and modular design allows the entire MARS Wastewater Lagoon Aeration System to be quickly installed from the surface without ever taking the wastewater lagoon offline. This keeps effluent levels within permit, even during a systemwide upgrade.
- High Airflow and Mixing Capacity: Due to the MARS’ industry leading high airflow and mixing capabilities, the total number of units necessary to treat a facility is minimized. As a result, costs from installation materials, labor, and long-term maintenance are all greatly decreased.
For assistance with your wastewater lagoon aeration project or to purchase MARS units for your application, call us at 800-654-9307 or fill out our contact form.