The MARS™ Aerator: Designed for Efficiency & Reliability
The MARS Aerator is designed to ensure efficient and reliable wastewater treatment, operation, and maintenance. From its fouling-preventative design to its portable nature, each MARS Aeration System is built to last.
MARS Aerator Features
Below is a collection of some of the more unique and valuable features of the MARS Aeration System:
- High efficiency, self-cleaning EPDM membranes: The MARS is equipped with EPDM membranes that provide high Oxygen Transfer Efficiencies (OTE). These membranes are also designed to be self-cleaning, thereby lowering the risk of fouling that can lead to diminished oxygen transfer over time.
- Fouling preventative design: The unique design of the MARS positions the fine bubble diffusers 8” above the bottom sediments in order to avoid the clogging and fouling that has plagued conventional fine bubble aerators. This leads to improved wastewater treatment throughout the aeration process.
- Anti-clogging self-checked diffusers: The coarse and fine bubble diffusers utilized by the MARS Aerator are especially designed with anti-clogging technology. This results in positive backflow sealing. This prevents backflow of water and debris into the aeration unit and prevents system maintenance.
- Proprietary air regulation system: Both aeration components are supplied air through a proprietary regulation system. This regulates the air distribution between the fine and coarse bubble components at a specified rate. As a result, the wastewater aeration process receives the proper amount of both aeration (fine bubble) and mixing (coarse bubble).
- Negative buoyancy, wide platform: The frame of the MARS Aerator is self-weighted and has a wide platform. This helps the unit remain level on the bottom of the wastewater lagoon.
- Flexible weighted tubing: Each MARS Aerator is connected to an air header via flexible weighted tubing or plumbed directly as per the application requirements. This unique design allows airflow to be regulated on an aerator-by-aerator basis.